Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I'm Just About Ready!

Yesterday afternoon, after I had all the 'have to do' housework done, I trimmed all the dead leaves off my poor pathetic looking geraniums (11 of them), mandavillas (2 of them), and the four other misc plants rescued from the too cold greenhouse the other day. My sewing nook has a set of sliding glass doors that face the south, so thats where they are going to spend their winter. Last year I had geraniums blooming all the way through winter. Not so this year. Oh well, I did see green on most of them, we'll see. I even made room in there to bring my grow light shelf my hubby made me years ago. It has two shelves, so I put all the plants on the top. I had planned to start some pink lavender seeds I bought, but I woke up this morning with a horrible headache, running nose, started sneezing and coughing, yes, my friends, I believe I have my first cold of the season. I will probably still run out to the greenhouse later for some soil. Years ago I bought some seed starters from Gardeners Supply Co, the styrofoam things with the wicking systems. I use these to start the seeds, and transplant them later to mini drinking cups with a hole poked in the bottom. I have had great success starting seeds with those things.

No comments: