Saturday, November 17, 2007

Introducing Myself

Hey! I am a stay at home Mom with seven kids, yes, seven. Six I personally gave birth to and one I am a step-Mom to. We live in a large house that amazingly has an entire half block with it, with no alley! We moved here in March of 2006, and since then my wonderful hubby has allowed me to do pretty much whatever I want to the yard. So as of now, I have a huge English style flower garden, a 70 by 70 vegetable garden, five fruit trees (so far), blackberries, raspberries (the three that survived last years floods), strawberries, gooseberries, blueberries, grapes, and currants. No, were not rich, I found a wonderful company on-line that sells fruit bushes, vines, and plants pretty cheap (Thank you Pense Nursery!). And I had a big garage sale to fund that indevour. I bought a bunch of packets of perennial seeds($1 each) and started much of what I have planted (Look up T's Flowers and Things). My wonderful man even built me a lean to greenhouse onto the back of the garage when my sewing nook became so overcrowded last year you had to stand sideways to get in. And for Christmas last year I had my hubby buy me some heirloom rose bushes. Some people eat out, some buy special coffee everyday, or lots of new clothes. I stay at home, drink home-brewed tea, shop garage sales, and save my pennies to buy more seeds. I thought I was very unusual until I found some of the other blogs here. Wow, I feel so at home.

2 comments:

Connie said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm happy to be the first to comment on yours. Welcome to the world of garden blogging! There is a great community here of enthusiastic gardeners, and plenty of inspiration to be had.
It sounds like you have a huge area to work with and lots of plans for it...I'll be back to check on your progress!

Kylee said...

Hi Christine! Welcome to the garden blogging world! Thanks for visiting my blog. You're going to have so much fun writing about your gardening adventures and reading about others'. I've learned so much from each and every one of them.
I don't know if you have a digital camera, but I'd love to see some pictures! :-)