Saturday, December 15, 2007

Greenhouse Woes

The cats located a small hole in the side of the greenhouse, and made it into a huge hole so they could go in and out. Wonderful. I guess they figured out how warm it stays in there. I nailed up a blanket in the doorway to the sewing nook, and found an electric heater to put in there to warm the place up. It doesn't look 'house beautiful', but you gotta do what you gotta do. Hopefully I won't lose any more lavender seedlings.
Tonight is my husbands company Christmas party. It's always a blast, and I really can't wait. It's one of the few times a year that just the two of us go out. Jeff's Dad and siblings (high schoolers) are coming over to watch the troop. It has snowed and snowed all day. You know the song- It's beginning to look a whole lot like a blizzard, everywhere I look.

2 comments:

Nickie said...

CATS!!!! (Rolls eyes) Gotta love them.... LOL

One way to defeat damping off is water with a weak solution of hydrogen peroxide and water---

this is how I start rose seeds becasue they are very susseptable to damping off. Watering with that solution takes care of damping off.

Christine said...

Thanks for the tip! I'll have to add a bit to the water in the resevoir.