Saturday, December 29, 2007

I finally got one!

I rescued this beautiful plant from a horrible demise- the trash can. My in-laws were going to throw it out if I didn't want it. Of COURSE I do!! I'm thrilled, I haven't had one in years, and really wanted one this year.
Here is the updated map of the back yard. The green is the flower beds already there, with the red brick sidewalks and stone paths. The seperate green bed in the upper left hand corner has my currants, gooseberries, blueberries, and strawberries in it. The pink lines are what I would like add on next spring. Ther pink line on the far left will probably end up being further to the left (East). I have to leave the grass under the clothesline, because I happen to use it every season but winter. Other than that, I have free range. Notice the picture next to it, the one with the woman in her pantry. It's my very favorite, by John Slobodnik, and I cut this copy from a magazine. I've checked on line, and I can't seem to find anywhere that sells a print of it.


No comments: