Monday, December 17, 2007

My Mental List

I sat down briefly today and started making a mental list of all the things I would like to get done this spring before gardening season hits full-swing. My sewing room has a set of sliding glass doors that face south, and when we moved in it didn't have any steps or anything, just a two foot drop down. So am in the process of making a rock patio, it's about four by ten feet, a cement block base covered in rock. I have located a place to get more free rock, but I will have to buy the cement blocks and cement. I need to find some more brick to finish my pathways (I'm hoping to find a bunch someone doesn't want, you know, free). And it would be great if it would dry out enough at some point so that I could till up the new areas I want for new flower beds. A couple of monthes ago my middle daughter, 9, and I were walking around the backyard, through the paths when SHE said, 'Mom, we need a flower bed right here!', pointing to an unused spot. I couldn't POSSIBLY let her down, could I? LOL She loves to garden, too. Loves to help me, outside and in the kitchen, too.

The above paragraph I started on Monday, but didn't have time to finish it, and I thought I would finish it yesterday. Well, I won't share the details, but I was sick all day yesterday. It's amazing how plans get changed, isn't it? I'm just here long enough to post the above, and tell you I have growth in 14 out of the 19 packets of seeds I have started. Yeah! Now if you will excuse me, I am going to go back and do something I normally don't do, sit. Two days in a row, wow a record!

No comments: