Thursday, December 6, 2007

Snow?

We are expecting snow/sleet today. That's okay, I will sit beside my little plant babies, and watch it through the sliding doors. I took the four 'middle' kids for 4H last night. I was never involved in it, but my Mom was, and a lady I buy eggs from invited us to join. Last night they had a meeting, and we signed up. When I got home (after getting everyone to bed) I HAD to go check the plants, and low and behold, there was a perfect paw print in the middle of my pink lavender section. I was rather upset, to say the least. Between the toddler and the dog, I'm in for it. This morning I moved both of the seed starters to the second shelf, and moved the baby gate to in front of the 'door'. The dog can probably jump over, but hopefully won't be inclined to jump onto the second shelf. As I was sulking last night, and I added up that it will only cost $10 to replace the pink lavender and astilbe seeds. I guess I can handle that. As of this morning, I have 11 pink lavender seedlings, but I wanted to put them all along the path that goes from the back door out to the greenhouse, and I'm not sure there will be enough sprouting. We'll see.

1 comment:

Nickie said...

I know it's not funny at all, but I just couldn't help but smile after hearing about the paw print since I have my own battles with cat vrs seedlings LOL