Monday, January 7, 2008

After Christmas Cactus

I had to go to Kansas City yesterday to get my son at the airport. He spends two weeks at Christmas and two monthes of the summer with his Dad up there. I only get off at one exit, the only one I feel comfortable at. It has a Hobby Lobby, Wal-Mart, Lowes, bookstore, and about a hundred other places. But all I wanted to see was seeds. Shut-up, I do too need more seeds. NO ONE HAD THEM OUT! Can you belive that? But I did check out the clearance rack, since everything on it was an additional 75% off. These little beauties were marked down to 50 cents. So with the additional discount, I got all of them for a whopping 12 cents apiece. I figured I could nurse them all and give part of them as gifts next year when they're blooming.

Here is a picture of my Lupines, boy they are getting big, they grow so fast, don't they? Soon they will be moving out of the house and starting little families of their own. Just kidding. But they will be moving out. I also bought a digital min/max thermometer at Lowes so I can tell when it's okay to start putting all my seedlings out in the greenhouse. I have read a couple places say it has to be at least 55 degrees in there. And since I'm not heating it with a heater, I'm using large containers filled with water to absorb heat, I'm not really sure when the temperature will be high enough at night. I'll see if I can get out there with the camera so I can take a picture to show you.

And last but not least, a quick look at my Mandeilla Vines. One is red, the other fushia pink. They are recovering nicely from their accidental freeze. They both have lots of growth on them, and maybe I can get them to bloom again before spring.


No comments: