Friday, January 18, 2008

More spring bulbs


It's not my fault, really. It started when had to go to a nearby town for one of my oldest son's basketball games last night. In my defense I went to Wal-Mart looking for seeds, you know, the cheap 25 cents a packet kind. I know they usually carry a few things I want, and I'm tring to make sure before I send my next seed order in. Well, they had spring bulbs on sale, usually $7.96, marked down to $2.50. Jerks. I had to buy some. You see, now, don't you?
The four Packages of King Alfred Type daffodils are going out front, I can't plant tulips up front, we have too many squirrels up there. Since the cats hang out by the back door, that's where all my tulips go. I just happen to have a new flower bed ready for the two packages of Purple Flag tulips. The asparagus wasn't on sale, I just don't have any, and want to start a bed. I figured I'd better get them now, because after a month of sitting on the warm shelves at Wal-Mart, they will be growing out of their packages.
Now I just have to plant them all, along with the other two packages I bought back in November that are sitting in the garage. BBBBBbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrr!!!

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Ahhh!! I feel even more behind! I need to get my garden planned! I need to buy seeds! Panic mode, panic mode, panic mode.....