Monday, January 21, 2008

Wisteria and Moving Furniture





Here's the other picture I took on Saturday. You can see the new bed, it's the newly tilled area just past the white post in the middle of the circle. You can see the three posts I put in the ground for the trellis. I have a wisteria I got from a neighbor that I want to plant by the clothesline post. I got it a year ago in fall, and the poor little thing has had to stay content in the pot the entire summer. I simply couldn't come up with the perfect place to plant it, since I have an exact idea of how this particular plant behaves in a garden once it becomes settled. We had one at the last house, it was trained to an arbor that covered the walkway to the driveway. I miss the blooms in spring, it was always so beautiful. And yes, I also recall the number of times per year I trimmed the thing.

Almost all of the Lupines have been replanted into those cheap little styrophome coffee cups. (Yes, with a drainage hole added) They really have taken off, and should be very good size when planting time comes. I love planting more seeds, but I'm running out of room for seedlings. I'm not sure I could stand it if I had to wait another month to start more!

We've been moving furniture around, and perhaps we will have an extra shelf when we're done. Hhhhhhmmm.........

2 comments:

Sherry said...

We have a new trellis in our garden just crying out for something to grow on it...maybe I'll try Wisteria....

You've been working hard, haven't you!

Christine said...

Is it a sturdy trellis? Wisteria can get really big, but they are sososo pretty in bloom.