Friday, February 15, 2008

Griffin's Hibiscus Seed

There is a house here in Cherryvale that has one of the most beautiful hibiscus plants that I have ever seen. Actually, it had the blooms of a hibiscus, but the leaves have 'fingers'. It stands about twelve feet tall, and has the biggest, deepest red blooms all summer. This last fall I went and begged for some seed, which Cheryl gladly gave, but she said nobody had ever had any luck getting them started. GUESS WHAT??????? I have no idea what I did differently, but I got them to start. Right now I have three, but I'm hoping more come up. I have no idea what the name of it is, so I'm hoping its something that come true to seed..... I guess we'll all have to see.

2 comments:

Sherry at the Zoo said...

OK, so...if they come up, can I bribe you to start one for me next year and ship it to me?? LOL!

Christine said...

I actually still have seed left, even though I started some inside and some outside in a wintersow container. We'll just have to see how many I end up with, won't we??? I actually sent a friend in Noblesville a box of plants last year for her birthday.