Thursday, February 28, 2008

Memories and Sweet Peas

Not long ago I was talking to my sister, and I was telling her that I was planning on growing sweet peas on my new trellis. I was sharing the reason why, which is when I was in forth grade we lived in an old farmhouse in the country that had a very long fence in back that was entirely covered in sweet peas. I remember how beautiful I thought they were. I have wanted sweet peas since then, and now, at 36, I am going to fulfill the dream. My sister is a year and a half older than me, and she cannot recall any such fence. We both laughed, and agreed that I was destined to become a gardener. Now with that, I have to share this photo:


A very tiny someone got into my plant area. There is a baby gate there, but somehow it failed on this occasion. The worst part is, it's not the first, or the second, or even the third time. It happens to be the forth. She loves playing in my dirt. And uprooting little seedlings. My middle daughter loves to help me in the garden, and I think we just might have another gardener in the mist.

3 comments:

Carol said...

I have a sister who doesn't like to garden, and she also can't remember much about plants we both saw and smelled growing up.

I think you do have a gardener on your hands. Time to get her involved in some planting so she won't be so curious to dig up what YOU planted!

thepowerguides said...

hahahahahahah sorry nothing is safe from the inquiring minds of little ones not even mud and dirt , maybe just tastes to yummmy

Steve From
The Power Gardeners Guide

Diana said...

Well, even though it's a mess to clean up and tiring to chase after them, it's nice that your little ones want to share your passion. I love it when my 5-year old wants a plant at the nursery or spends and hour helping me water in new plants. I'm not sure if it's all about playing in the water/dirt, being with me, or the gardening, but it really doesn't matter. It's all time well spent and together. And so much better than TV or video games and such. Enjoy!