Saturday, February 16, 2008

Oh man, I need more room!

I realize this will shock you, but I had to rig up another shelf in the sewing/plant room. I know, I know, you simply can't believe it. I scrounged up a board long enough to fit from my sewing desk to the top shelf of the plant stand (with the help of a couple of boxes). I'd like to say I have all kinds of room now, but that would be lying. And the really sad part is I did it mainly because I need to transplant seedlings, and had to have a place to put them. Now I have the pathway through the room clear, I can use that again.
And now were in the greenhouse. Here's a picture of all the roses starts I have. The other day I was walking around outside and just happen to notice that the ice storm we had last Monday broke a couple of branches off two of my roses, so I quickly got out the growing hormone, cut them up, and stuck them in some pots.
Here's all the stuff leftover from last year. A lot of it is still green, and the stuff thats not I'm going to wait to see if it greens up with the warm spring weather before I call it dead.
Jeff suggested we take the kids out tonight, and got to a bigger Wal-Mart a little further away. The only thing I could think of is- I wonder if they have different/more gardening stuff out? If you think thats bad, this morning I had to take the younger five to a 4H thing at the next towns high school. They had a drink/snack table. We all grabbed a cookie on our way out the door, and I took two of the empty gallon orange juice containers to start seeds in.

6 comments:

Robin (Bumblebee) said...

Who needs a sewing desk anyway, right?

I'm amazed at the number of people starting their seedlings already. It seems so early!

Robin at Bumblebee

Nickie said...

I'm considering sacraficing my nice sewing desk as well, but the kitten sleeps there....it would be a disaster!

Nancy said...

You are a gardener after my own heart. I've never seen a garden center I didn't want to go through...just to see if maybe there might be something I might want.

and I'm usually right.

Sherry at the Zoo said...

Starting seeds is definitely more important than sewing! I haven't started any yet, but it's still so cold and yucky here, I can't get in the spirit.

Gina said...

wow! now that's a lot of seeds! i wish i had a nice sunny room like that. unfortunately i only have artificial light. good luck with your seeds!

Around The Funny Farm said...

Thanks for sharing your pictures of your young seedlings. It makes me nostalgic about my childhood. My parents are in their 70's and still have plants all over the place.

I love your blog.

:-)Beth