Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Here's just the beginning....


There aren't very many, but they are such a wonderful sight, aren't they? I have yellow, white, purple, creme or very light yellow, and some pThere aren't very many, but they are such a wonderful sight, aren't they? I have yellow, white, purple, creme or very light yellow, and some purple/white bi-colors. It was such a beautiful day today that I started planting the perennials that I started from seed. I managed to get over 50 planted, which doesn't really make a huge dent, I'm afraid. Tomorrow is supposed to be even warmer, and I plan to do more planting. Tomorrow evening it's supposed to rain, so this is the perfect time. I actually made it out to the veggy garden yesterday and planted some seeds to go with the garlic bulblets I planted last week. I planted spinach, carrots, and cabbage. It would be nice to get the broccoli and lettuce I have already started in the garden if it does in fact rain tomorrow, and buying and planting some pea seeds would make it even better. This is the kick off for the spring rains, and I can't help but think of it as a race to get it in before it all starts. I absolutely hate having to plant in the mud, simply because theres no other choice. We'll see if I make it, and if I don't, the chances of it raining are even better. You can all blame it on me, either way!!!!

1 comment:

Sherry at the Zoo said...

You've been busy! I love this time of year as everything begins to peek its' head up out of the earth. Each day is a surprise!