Thursday, March 13, 2008

Here's the progress on the chicken coop. I plan to borrow Martha Stewart's idea of planting climbing roses along the fence to the chicken run. It's kinda shady in that spot, so we'll just have to see.
And here is my first blooming hyacinth for the year. As you can see, I have others just peaking their heads up. This spot should be a heavenly scent in a week.
I planted most of the day Tue. and Wed., thinking it would be a perfect time before the rain today. (Still clear skies, but it's early.) When I plant these smaller plants I usually leave the little plastic cups half burried beside them, so I can see where I've planted easier. Boy, I wish I'd taken a picture last night before I cleaned up. It was a sea of little white cups all over the place. My oldest daughter and I picked them all up and counted them. In my last post I stated 50. I was wrong. Last night we counted 238 little cups. I am SO sore, from that constant up and down motion. And the sad part is, I am no where near done. Oh my. I took all the tomatoes and peppers out to the greenhouse yesterday evening, and I have to admit the only room left is the floor, what little room is there. If it doesn't rain, I might try to plant outside a little. If it rains, I need to transplant some more peppers in the sewing room. (After I vacuum a bit, I suppose)

2 comments:

Sherry at the Zoo said...

I can't wait to see all of your hard work in full bloom!

Diana said...

That darn housekeeping - it just keeps getting in the way of all our gardening! Wow. You are amazing to have planted all that - keep us posted and good luck!