Friday, April 11, 2008

Flooding

I took theses pictures yesterday morning when I was coming home from taking the kids to school. I have talked to several city officials and they claim that since our property is so low, that there is nothing they can do. I beg to differ, and I will prove it once MY family gets done with all the work. Sad, isn't it?
Part of the problem is on the other side of the blook, the ditch is diverting all the water there down to here. We are in the process of fixing that, and digging the entire ditch out by hand, moving all the dirt in wheelbarrows. The guy that owns the place across the street from this picture is digging out his ditch, something the city said didn't need done, and he discovered the culvert under the road is plugged. REALLY????? Go figure. I'll keep you posted on our process.

3 comments:

Countryview Woodcrafts said...

Chritine,
Yes that is terrible!! Doesn't the city own a backhoe that they could keep the culverts cleaned out? And heaven forbid if they had to get out there and dig it out manually. I would be furious!! Hang in there and stay after them.
Bill

Tina said...

That's just wrong!
I hope you're taking pictures of all you, and you neighbor, (especially of the plugged culvert)toiling away at this and send them the freaking bill. (and make it large!)
I would be totally livid!
Hehe, I'd even be sending them bills for washed away 'good' soil, grass seed, and of course - lots of plants that died from being waterlogged.
But, then again, I'm the mean sort. lol.
You get 'em girl!

Gina said...

christine - that is terrible. i feel really bad for you guys. good luck...