Thursday, April 3, 2008

My favorite daffodil

Here's the progress on the chicken coop. Jeff and the kids worked on putting the posts into the ground yesterday. He bought the red paint at an auction last weekend for $1. I need to come up with a cute name for it, maybe Chicken Palace? Ooooo, that sounds like a fast food place. I'll have to think on it, let me know if you come up with anything good. I think it all looks great so far.
Drum roll, please!!!!! Here is my favorite daffodil this year. This picture really doesn't do it justice. It is so bright and cheerful, I think it stands out so nicely off the white and yellow ones behind it. I have two different varieties of pink ones that I planted in late fall that are blooming, but they're not REALLY pink, are they? They are if you compare them to the yellow ones, I guess.

3 comments:

Sherry at the Zoo said...

A friend of mine just got 98 little chickies. We went to see them today. They are so cute, I just can't imagine raising them and then cutting their little necks. :-(

Your daffodil is beautious!

Countryview Woodcrafts said...

Your chicken coop is looking really good. That is a very pretty daffodil, you should be proud of it. Our daffodils have not bloomed yet but they will soon.
Bill

Cindy ~ My Romantic Home said...

My daffodil's have already come and gone. I sure wish they bloomed longer. That is a beautiful one. The great thing about reading blogs is that I can see the different times that Spring spreads across the country! It really is amazing!