Wednesday, April 2, 2008

My first tulips of the season!

I have two tulips bloomings, both dark pink, and a ton more just about to open. I think I am more excited about each development in the garden this year than I ever have been. This year, I am convinced, will be the one where I fulfill my life long desire of a beautiful cottage garden, full of all the gorgeous flowers I have seen in my books. As each new leaf comes into view, and each new flower emerges, I swell with joy. Over the past ten years I have tried to advance my skills enough to get here, moving several times has interupted my progress. Which explains why I seem to have hurried to get everything done here at this house. I have been doing this for so long, and have never gotten quite this far. It is so exciting to finally see in person the idea that has been stuck in my head for so very long.

But don't get me wrong, it will probably never really be DONE... hehehe.

1 comment:

Countryview Woodcrafts said...

I really enjoy reading your blog, I don't remember just how I ran across it but I'm glad I did. We have had such a long cold winter here in extreme NW Missouri where I live, our daffodils and grape hyacinth have not bloomed yet. They usually have but our ground stayed frozen until about three weeks ago. I noticed at my Grandmothers house that her daffodils and tulips are starting to come up now though. It is a great feeling when you actually see things coming together as you visualized, I feel the same way when I see the finished product of a new wood craft idea I dreamed up. Thank you for the posts on your blog and I loo forward to reading and seeing more.
Bill