Tuesday, April 8, 2008

My heart collection

It's cold and rainy today, so I thought I would share what I'm doing inside today. No, I'm not showing you my laundry or me cleaning the bathrooms. Something better, I hope.

Here's the before. I collect hearts. I have a very large grape vine wreath (about 2 1/2 feet across) that I have displayed above Jeff and I's bed. My collection of hearts has quite outgrown this large wreath, and I was afraid I didn't know what to do with anymore I might find.
And here's the after. Last fall when we cleaned out the back of the property, I created this wreath out of a small portion of the wild grape vines we cut out. I had planned on hanging it out on the backporch, but today I decided to put it in the bedroom. Here is the new one, about 4 1/2 feet across. Now I can get many, many more heart things. I added the pillow today, my grandma made it for me fourteen years ago. Some of the hearts are Christmas decorations, some are wall decorations, a few are Valentines decorations.

It's supposed to rain the next three days. I know, I know, April showers bring May flowers. And I definetly want lots of May flowers. But I want to play in the garden SO bad.

1 comment:

Countryview Woodcrafts said...

Christine,
I really like your collection of hearts and what a great way to display them. I want to get in the garden also and will as soon as I can. My wife and family don't eat many vegetables but she does like to help me in the garden just so we can be together. I hope you have a wonderful day.
Bill