Monday, April 21, 2008

Prom and Pink Tulips

Thursday night three of the younger ones had a school program. Friday afternoon my Dad and step-Mom came from Arkansas to bring me a china cabinet (I love it!!!). After that I drove a half hour to Nick's track meet, and got home after midnight. Saturday I had to help Jeff put the net over the chicken run and in the afternoon I tilled the new strawberry bed again. Saturday night was prom here, and my oldest in a Junior, and he took his girlfriend. Here is a picture of them before they left. After church Sunday I went out to transplant some stuff, and planted green beans, and I ended up working until dark. And now, drum roll please, I'm sick. No kidding. I coughed so much Sunday afternoon I lost my voice by the time I went inside It's supposed to rain most of the week, I guess I've been trying to get as much as I can done, and I clearly over did it. So many people are planting their tomatoes around here, and I'm trying hard to fight the urge. I would just hate to have to cover 90 tomato plants.
Now on to happier things. That picture just screams 'spring', doesn't it? The tulips are absolutely beautiful, and both of my bleeding hearts are blooming. My tall phlox is getting ready to bloom, and soon the roses will start budding out.
I have been trying to plant all the perennials from the greenhouse, mainly just to clear up some room. It will be nice to get everything planted, I need to concentrate on weeding before all the weeds go to seed. Speaking of weeds, my Star of Bethlehem's are starting to bloom, maybe tomorrow they will be ready for a picture.

2 comments:

Countryview Woodcrafts said...

Christine,
The kids looked real good for prom, handsome couple! 90 tomato plants!!! I thought my 24 was alot!! I bet you can alot don't you? The other picture does indeed lok like spring. Thank you for the post and I hope you have a great night. get well soon!!
Bill

Diana said...

Aww. That's a sweet photo. Makes you so proud, doesn't it? And your garden looks great. Sorry you're sick - maybe you can try to stay down for a while and get well before you rev back up again! Spring in your garden, with the tulips along the path, looks lovely.