Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Tulips and Star of Bethlehems


If you look behind the round bed, the new bed is just full of purple tulips. I just took this a little bit ago, and the morning light just doesn't do it justice. If your wondering about all the green stuff that looks like weeds, the clumps are Shasta Daisy's, and the tall skinny green stuff is some of the estimated ten thousand Star of Bethlehem's that are taking over everything. I plan to make a post when they bloom, you won't even believe how many I have. I pull them like weeds, but I can't even make a dent in the number. Right now my flower beds look out of control, for the sheer number of this one plant. No, I didn't plant it. But I did plant some obedient plants at my last house. And wow, was I ever surprised! I didn't bring even one with me. When I find a huge pot or something to bury first, my Mom has some I can get. Probably a LOT I can get.
These tulips are prettier in person, I guess I should have waited until afternoon to take pictures. I have two patches of phlox here, and a light pink one blooming just beyond the picture.
On Sunday, I looked online at the forecast for the week, and decided my week. Mon and Tue were nice, so I weeded, and today I am planting, since there are chances of rain tonight and tomorrow. Friday I am expecting company, so it is a clean-as-much-as-I-can day. I have so much to plant, I'm not sure where to start. Flowers or vegetable garden? And then later, I plan to have Jeff take down a tree, a very old ugly evergreen that we had planned on taking down soon anyway (apple trees and evergreens don't make the best of neighbors). I want to start tilling a spot beside it for the new strawberries, so the spot will be ready when I order them next week. I didn't want to start preparing and then have everyone have to walk through the tilled area to dispose of the branches. I already have enough vacuuming to do, thank you very much.
Well, it's a beautiful day, I had better get started if I want to get everything done.

1 comment:

Countryview Woodcrafts said...

Chritine,
It sounds like you have alot to keep you busy. I think I'm going to try and do some tilling myself today. I hope this wind has dried the garden out enough. Tose purple tulips are very pretty, purple is my favorite color.Have a great day!!