Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Hooray for the Iris's

I have three main patches of iris', and here is the one up by the porch. I know you can't see it, because it's not in full bloom yet, but I have a black one getting ready to bloom. There is one patch I didn't take a picture of that was planted behind the garage when we moved in. The entire patch is a grey/white color.
I didn't get close enough to this patch, but it's been raining and I didn't want to get off the brick pathway. The old fashioned phlox in front is beautiful right now. I will spare you the torture of looking of pictures of my rose buds that are getting ready to bloom, but it's looking to be a show-stopping sight. Sometime this week I'll take you on a field trip. There is a lady here in town that has hundreds of Iris's. No, I'm not kidding. I stopped by last weekend, but the majority were still budding and not yet blooming. Right now is the time to walk around and decide which ones you would like, and write them down, and she will dig the extras and sell them in a month. Yes, I already have a list started......

2 comments:

Countryview Woodcrafts said...

Christine,
I Love Iris's, they are one of my favorite flowers and your's are just beautiful!! Thanks for the post and pictures. Happy Gardening!!
Bill

Tina said...

Wow, that's just beautiful.