Saturday, May 17, 2008

A stroll through the roses

First, I have an announcement to make!!!!!! My son, Nick, has qualified to go to state in Track. He will be running the 300 Meter Hurdles next Saturday. Yeah, Nick!!!!!!!!
Here is the miniature climber - Jeanne La Joie.
And this is the miniature climber- Rainbow's End. Here is a fairly bad picture of my climbing Crown Princess Margareta. Last year I planted some Love-in-a-Mist around the bush, and not one came up. I thought oh well, and was planning to try something different this year when all the sudden they decided to grow! I'm sad to say I really don't like them here, either.

And here is a fairly decent shot of Abraham Darby.
Today I ate my lunch on the back porch, the yard is so full of flowers I couldn't help but sit out and enjoy it a while. There is so much in bloom, I have to share a picture of my Canterbury Bells when they get in full bloom. The Sweet William's are covered, and the Phlox and Foxgloves are in full bloom, and the Iris's are almost finished. Tomorrow I really must get some recent shots of the vegetable garden. It has been beautiful here the last couple of days, and the tomatoes and peppers are starting to perk up and grow now that they have gotten a bit of sunshine. And if I finish getting it nailed together I'll share the little project I started tonight, and the story behind it.

2 comments:

Sherry at the Zoo said...

Congratulations! I hope he does well!

Your roses are beautiful!

Countryview Woodcrafts said...

Christine,
The roses you have a very pretty. Thank you for sharing the pictures with us. Congrats to Nick on going to state!! Hope you have a great day and happy gardening.