Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The trellis's that anger built

I'm afraid I can't take credit for the cute title, that was simply my sisters response when I told her about building them. You see, in my family we have one trait that seems to be passed from generation to generation. When we're mad, we work the hardest. I won't tell why or who I was mad at, but I will tell you I was absolutely furious Saturday night, and so I went out and collected the leftover branches from when we took down the cedar trees, and built these. I collected, planned, laid it all out, sawed, and nailed all six of the pieces together all Saturday night. I was so mad I even went and got a lantern and kept going when it was dark. I let Nick and Jeff help me put it together Sunday afternoon, after I was cooled down. I already have a climbing rose to plant on each one. All the structures in my garden are rustic, so I think these two beauties fit right in. I think a picture from on top of the house would help to see where these fit in, so I might just have to drag the ladder out tomorrow and get a couple of shots.


3 comments:

Katie said...

Gosh, I think that's a pretty productive way to manage anger! I wish I could say that I get more productive when I'm angry. I usually just clean... Trellises are very nice and look sturdy!

Robin (Bumblebee) said...

Well, it's good to put all that energy into something positive! I wish you would come over and get mad at me. I could find some things to keep you busy!

Robin at Bumblebee

Countryview Woodcrafts said...

Christine,
I love the pictures of the roses and the trellises are great! You should try making them to sell,LOL, I know you would never have the time. The Pooh and Tigger you asked about is $35.00 and that includes shipping. If you want one just send me an email and I'll give you my address. Click on my profile for my email address. Happy gardening and I'll talk to you later.
Bill