Monday, June 9, 2008

Puddles, puddles and more puddles

Sorry, it was raining and I was trying to take the picture and hold the umbrella and dodge the tree limb right above me. It's a wonder I got anything at all. Anyway, my hollyhocks are blooming, and they looked beautiful. They're not horrible now, but from last Monday on we've had either forty-fifty mile and hour winds, torrential rains, or both. Needless to say, my hollyhocks don't look quite as good as they did last Monday, when I should have taken a picture. My bachelor buttons were fabulous, but now are pretty much lying on the ground.
These look cheery, though. Last week was a rough one- I took the kids to Fredonia all last week to Bible School at a Mennonite Church. I had to have them ready and leave by 5:30 every evening. Then Saturday I took Nick to the airport so he could fly to Indiana to spend the summer with his Dad. Boy, I'm going to miss him. Then Sunday evening was the Bible School program, and we drove home in a huge rain/lightning/thunder storm. Today I'm babysitting two extras. It's still raining, and I have five buckets in our leaky room (will get fixed just as soon as it stops raining for more than two days in a row) and the dog doesn't like to "go" outside when it's raining, and Emily is in training panties today. Needless to say, I've seen my fair share of puddles today!!! Hahahahah. We really do have to have a sense of humor in life, don't we?

3 comments:

Diana said...

So sorry about ALL your puddles! And I can empathize about the dog who won't "go" in the rain. My girl, Sierra, who passed away two months ago wouldn't do it either. When we had our torrential rains last summer, my dh had to pick her up (70lbs!) and carry her to the grass in the pouring rain! Hope you dry out soon.

Nickie said...

Oh dear! hope it dries out for you soon...indoors and out!

At least all this rain will make your pumpkin grow big!

Countryview Woodcrafts said...

Christine,
We a very soggy here in our corner of NW Missouri also with more storms forecasted for tonight. I am thinking of building an ark!! I really liked the pictures, hollyhocks are one of my favorites.
Bill